
Cameron Menzies says he was close to «wrapping» up his darts career as the hand injury he suffered punching a drinks table at the PDC World Championship has left him with «no feeling» in the fingers of his right hand.
The Scot repeatedly struck the underside of the table following a first-round defeat against Charlie Manby at Alexandra Palace in December with blood then pouring from the wound.
Speaking after winning his opening match at the Poland Darts Open on Friday against Ritchie Edhouse, Menzies described «struggling massively» in recent weeks.
«Basically, I’ve no feeling in my fingers anymore because of the damage I’ve done,» he told Oche 180.
«I’ll be honest – there’s a few times I’ve felt like wrapping it.
«I’m just not in a good place. Obviously we all know what happened at the worlds. I’ve done a lot of damage to myself.»
Menzies has previously apologised for losing his temper at the World Championship, saying it had been a difficult time following the death of an uncle.
But the incident left him considering his future in the sport.
«It was great to win [today]. Honestly, I was so close to pulling out this weekend. I’m just not enjoying it at the moment.»
The 36-year-old added that surgeons have told him he was fortunate not to have severed any nerves or tendons but that he should gradually recover following further treatment.
«I couldn’t feel my fingers for six weeks. I had to go through surgery. I’ve still to go through hand treatment and trauma,» he said.
«I’ve made a massive mistake in my life. You can see the scar.
«They said [the feeling] will come back, but I have to live with the reputation of being a table puncher. It’s not a proud moment of my life.
«We all make mistakes. Unfortunately I made a big mistake and have to accept it.»
Related topics
- Darts
-
Menzies apologises for punching table after loss
-
15 December 2025

-









